Wet Room Design and Installation in Dwellings Course
APHC and AKW have joined forces to bring to you a training course to learn how to design and install wet room systems which have traditionally been used for assisted living applications, however, they are becoming increasingly popular in the luxury bathroom market.
AKW lead the way in offering innovative showering, bathroom, kitchen and mobility aids and advice to ensure accessibility, design excellence and reliability for flexible modern living. They provide technical support for the Wet Room Design and Installation in Dwellings course which both APHC and AKW partner to deliver. The course also includes installation and practical advice provided by AKW via a mobile wet room training centre.
Module One: Introduction to Wet Rooms
On completion of this self-study module and following attendance on the associated training course, as a plumber you should be able to:
- Describe a Wet Room and its purpose
- Describe applications of a Wet Room for different building uses
- State the Legislation requirements relating to the design and installation of Wet Rooms:
- Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations
- Building Regulations, Part A, B, E, G, H, M
- Identify key components used within Wet Room installation
Module Two: Pre-Installation Design
On completion of this self-study module and following attendance on the associated training course, as an installer you should be able to:
- Identify client needs when planning a Wet Room
- Identify building structure requirements when planning a Wet Room, to include:
- Doors; WC; Basin; Floor construction; Proposed floor and wall covering; Existing plumbing and heating services; Windows, Lights and Ventilation; Screen type; Seat type and Grab rails
Module Three: Installing the Wet Room
On completion of this self-study module and following attendance on the associated training course, as a plumbing contractor you should be able to:
- Explain the installation methods for the installation of a Wet Room on a concrete floor
- Explain the installation methods of a Wet Room on a wooden floor
Date & Time
£150 per person for APHC members.
£200 per person for non-APHC members
Prices includes the training packs, refreshments and lunch.
The course is delivered at APHC’s offices at 12 The Pavilions, Cranmore Drive, Solihull, B90 4SB.